Healthy Mozzarella Sticks - bomb bomb bomb bomb b o m b !
What you need
- 12 sticks of string cheese in your choice of cheese, go for the low sodium kind if you want to be extra healthy
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 5 tbsp of bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- Cut the cheese sticks in half, making 24 slices, then freeze the slices in the freezer until completely frozen
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Use a separate bowl to combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese
- To bread the cheese sticks: First dip the frozen cheese stick into the flower, then into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture
- Once all of the 24 sticks are coated, place them on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil coated with olive oil (to keep them from sticking)
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 4 minutes, or until crisp. They need to be watched closely so they don’t melt completely!
We all know mozzeralla sticks will never really be healthy, but sometimes you just gotta indulge (with self-control) and these are perfect for not ruining your diet!
Vegan Carrot Cake Cream Cheese Sandwich Cookies
unholy sounds just came from my mouth!!!!!
in need this in me! come to me now
Making tomorrow. You’re welcome, family members who will probably drink it all on me before I get home. :(
Cauliflower Pizza Recipe
1 cup cauliflower, grated
1/2 cup shredded light mozarella cheese
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp fennel
1 green pepper
Garlic powder, to taste
Chop pepper, onion and tomato. Set aside. Steam the cauliflower, let it cool and then grate it.
Combine grated cauliflower with the mozzarella and egg in a large bowl. Spray a circular or rectangular metal pan with cooking spray before spreading the dough evenly. Sprinkle the dough with fennel, oregano, parsley and basil. Add garlic powder.
Bake at 450° F for 12-15 minutes. Remove the dough from the oven and sprinkle chopped green pepper, onion and tomato, as well as the remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Return the pizza to the oven. Turn the heat up to broil and leave in until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy.
Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries
makes approximately 8 servings
3 zucchini (1 lb.)
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 packet Shake & Bake Coating Mix
1 small egg
Heat oven to 450ºF.
Trim the zucchini -cut crosswise in half, then cut each piece into 1/4-inch sticks. Add cheese to coating mix in shaker bag; shake gently to combine.
Whisk egg in medium bowl. Add zucchini; toss to coat. Use tongs to place 1/4 of the zucchini in shaker bag; close bag and shake to evenly coat. Spread onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
Bake for 12 to 13 min. or until golden brown, turning the baking tray 180 degrees after 7 min to facilitate even baking. Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients.
Remove the baked fries from the oven, and serve them with your favorite dipping sauce
vegetable knowledge kid.